USDA Montana Farm Service Agency Acting State Executive Director Dick Deschamps wants to remind all Montana farmers and ranchers of important deadlines for several farm programs so they can contact their FSA county office and submit their paperwork before these deadlines pass.
Here's a list of important 2012 Montana FSA dates to remember:
• Jan. 23: 2012 DCP and ACRE Enrollment Begins
• Jan. 30: Deadline to file 2011 application for payment for LFP, ELAP, and LIP disaster programs
• Jan. 31: Final date to apply for loans/LDPs for wool shorn in the 2011 crop year
• Feb. 6 - Montana Land Reliance Q & A Forum on Conservation Easements at Stanford City Hall from 1:15 to 3:15 p.m.
• March 15: NAP Closing Date for 2012 Crops (except value loss and honey)
• March 16: CRP Managed Spring Grazing Period Begins
• March 31: Final date to apply for loans/LDPs for 2011 crop year barley, canola, crambe, flaxseed, honey, oats, rapeseed, wheat, and sesame seed
• May 31: Final date to apply for loans/LDPs for 2011 crop year corn, dry peas, grain sorghum, lentils, mustard seed, rice, safflower seed, chickpeas, soybeans and sunflower seed.
• May 14: CRP Managed Spring Grazing Period Ends
• June 1: 2012 ACRE Signup Deadline
• June 1: 2012 DCP Signup Deadline
• June 1: SURE Sign-up Deadline for 2010 Crop Year
• July 16: Final date to file 2012 Acreage Report and 2011 NAP Production Report, 2011 NAP Production Report, and 2011 NAP Application for Payment
• July 16: CRP Managed Summer/Fall Grazing Period Begins
• Sept. 13: CRP Managed Summer/Fall Grazing Period Ends
• Nov. 12: All Hay Bales Must be Removed from CRP Acres
• Continues: Continuous Conservation Reserve Program
For more information about FSA programs, contact your local FSA county office. You can also visit the Montana FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov/mt
Published Jan 25, 2012