Southeast Montana Tourism will once again be offering marketing grants to organizations within the 13 counties and two Indian Reservations which make up our region. In order to qualify, organizations must meet these requirements:
1) Project must be of a strictly marketing nature to promote an area or event within Southeast Montana;
2) Project must prove an ability to generate visitors, or room nights, or increase visitor spending to the Southeast Montana region. The Southeast Montana Cooperative Grant Committee will determine whether the project meets this criterion. If it does not, the project will be disqualified;
3) Availability of Southeast Montana resources will determine how many projects and how much will be granted in total annually. This year Southeast Montana will grant
a total of $10,000;
4) The applicant’s project must total no less than $500 and be seeking at least a $250 grant;
5) Applicants shall have an active status as a federally recognized 501 non-profit organization and hold open meetings for public participation;
6) No more than 50 percent of any one line item within the project application may be funded (printing, design, distribution, etc.). No more than 50% of the total project budget may be funded;
7) In-kind services shall not be counted as part of an eligible match;
8) Vendors will be paid directly after Southeast Montana has received the original receipt.
A total of $10,000 is available for this year’s grants.
Applications can be obtained by contacting Nick Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 406-294-5270.
Applications must be turned in to the Southeast Montana Tourism Office by 5:00pm, April 5, 2013.
Published March 6, 2013