Veterans reminded not to pay for free services

  Attention veterans and surviving family members: There have been some reports of organizations and claim agents that ask for a “consultation fee” that is a percentage of any awarded benefits. 

Don’t pay for free services. 
Free help is available to apply for your Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits, such as compensation, non-service connected pension, surviving spouse pension or the enhanced benefit of aid and assistance Benefits.
Your local Veterans Affairs Office will help. Don’t pay other for these services.  
For answers to questions or to request assistance call either the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, 1-800-551-3191 (Local Area Agencies on Aging) or the local Montana Veterans Affairs Division Office in Miles City 406-232-1203.        
Published March 6, 2013
Article Type: 


How would you feel about a four-day school week in Terry?: