New to this year’s Terry Yippee! townwide celebration is a Memories Tour that will highlight the founding of Terry’s downtown district from the 1900’s to 1920’s era.
The tour will begin at 2:15 p.m. Saturday, July 27 in front of the Kempton Hotel and will include a dozen more stops.
Each stop is scheduled to last about 5 minutes each and will include a brief presentation of the building’s founding history.
Beginning at the Kempton Hotel, the tour route will move to the Netzer Hardware building, Badlands Cafe, Masonic Temple, Powder River Meats, Prairie County Museum Complex, Old Rialto Theatre, northend of the Terry Super Valu building, Prairie Unique and Sassy One buildings.
Bottles of water will be provided.
The Memories Tour is a collaborative effort between the Prairie County Museum Board and Evelyn Cameron Heritage Inc.
Yippee!’s other highlights include:
- Terry Yippee! Run, registration begins at 7 a.m. at parking lot of Stockman Bank
- Cornhole Tournament, registration begin at 10:30 a.m. at Murn Park
- Lemons and Leftovers downtown sidewalk sale, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Barbecue at Murn Park, noon (freewill donations accepted)
- Square dancing lessons, 6:15, downtown Terry
- Evening street dance, 8 pm
The Prairie County Museum Complex will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Terry Yippee! Games will be offered for families by the Badlands Baptist Church throughout most of the day at Murn Park.
Published July 24, 2013