For Christmas shoppers longing to return to the true meaning of Christmas and avoid the frenzy, long lines and frantic consumerism of the season, the Prairie County Chamber of Commerce invites gift-seekers to visit Terry and experience the “Simple Joys of Christmas” during their Terrific Tuesday events.
Starting Dec. 1 and running through Dec. 17, merchants of Terry will be offering a special event each Tuesday — as well as several additional dates — to provide family entertainment, showcase the rich variety of businesses in town, and offer shopping specials to fill anyone’s Christmas list — without driving 200 miles.
“Terry is really a hidden treasure just half a mile off the interstate,” said Dale Galland, president of the Prairie Chamber of Commerce. “We’ve had people stop in on their way to another town to go Christmas shopping, end up spending the afternoon here, and then — realizing they had their lists filled — went back home instead of continuing on to a larger town.”
On Terrific Tuesdays, businesses will stay open until 7 p.m. to allow customers extra time to shop. The schedule of events includes:
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 3 – Light Parade featuring floats from area groups and businesses, 6 p.m.; Santa Claus visit and hot dogs at Stockman Bank; live nativity scene at Powder River Meat Company; voting opens for in-store “Ugly Sweater Contest”
• Saturday, Dec. 7 – Holiday Style Show by Sassy One, Evelyn Cameron Heritage Center, noon; Evelyn Cameron Heritage centerpiece silent auction begins
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 10 – Chili feed from 5-7 p.m. and in-store cookies at participating businesses
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 17 – Surprise Progressive Event throughout various Terry businesses, 5-7 p.m.; Terry Public Schools Grades 5-12 Christmas Concert, 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 20 – Stockman Bank Open House, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; voting on Ugly Sweater Contest closes
Tuesday, Dec. 24 – Most businesses open until noon
Published November 20, 2013