The 2011 track and field season began March 14 with 17 Terry High School students joining the track team.
They are: Boys Jerett Freiboth, David Hyer, Trevor Pisk, DJ Hubbert, Sergey Fredrickson Layne Lantis and Nathan Lassle; Girls Dani Dukart, Franque Robertson, Carly Stickel, Kristina Fredrickson, Lorna Wollman, Lindsay Stickel, Randee Shannon, Caitlin Lantis and Caty Morrison.
Track meet schedules are as follows:
• Saturday, April 9 Wibaux meet in Glendive
• Saturday, April 16 Baker meet in Glendive
• Thursday, April 21 Sidney Invitational
• Saturday & Sunday, April 29 & 30 Elks meet in Glendive
• Monday, May 2 Top Ten meet in Glasgow
• Saturday, May 7 Miles City meet
• Thursday, May 12 District meet in Glendive
• Thursday, May 19 Divisional meet in Laurel
• Wednesday & Thursday, May 27 & 28 State meet in Missoula
Coaches are: Head coach Leann Lantis, Assistant Coach Mike Ehinger. Others assisting are: Gordie Stickel, Casey Klasna and Greg Poucher.
An addition to this year’s program will be the pole vault. Caty Morrison, Trevor Pisk and Layne Lantis will be competing in this event.
The junior high track and field team has 13 students competing this year. Mike Ehinger is the junior high coach.
Their first meet will be next Monday in Beach, N.D.